Sponsor: 15th World Lace Congress in Caen, France
Contest Website: http://www.oidfacaen.com/concours-en.html
Contest Rules: See below
Contest Entry form: Judith Watts, Pradal, 24440 Beaumont-du-Périgord, France, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Form Deadline: Entry forms should be sent by 1st March 2012 to
Judith Watts, Pradal, 24440 Beaumont-du-Périgord, France.
Lace Submission Deadline: The lace for the competition should be sent by 4th June 2012 to Agnes Crouet, 11 route de Courseulles, 14440 Bény sur Mer, France. A color photograph of the lace, listing the title, artist’s name and address, and display details must be included for identification purposes.
This contest is associated with the biennial OIDFA conference, which will be held in Caen in 2012. The theme of the conference is ‘Bridges’, and entries should develop this concept in 2 or 3 dimensions, white or color, in any material using bobbin, needle, or mixed lace techniques.
- The competition is open to all lacemakers, except members of the Executive Committee and the organising committee of the 2012 congress.
- The lace must be designed and worked by the participants.
- The lace will remain the property of the maker.
- The lace must be original and may not have previously been published or submitted in competition.
- The design must be worked in bobbin or needle lace or a combination of both.
- More than one piece of lace may be submitted.
- The total dimension of the lace may not exceed 1m x 0.50m x 0.50m.
- The lace may be framed but must be without glass.
- Participation in the competition gives OIDFA the right to publish the design.
- The lace will be judged by an impartial jury who will give consideration to the originality, design and workmanship.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- Individual- 1st prize: 500€, 2nd prize: 300€, 3rd prize: 200€
- Young lacemakers- Trophy + certificates
- Groups:- 1st prize 500€ + certificates.