The 2016 Lace Guild Exhibition, Incorporating the John Bull Lace Competition
Sponsor: The Lace Guild
The Hollies, 53 Audnam, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY8 4AE, UK
Contest Website: http://tinyurl.com/nrwy43s
Contest Rules: Schedule and Rules
Contest Entry form: Contact The Lace Guild to get the entry form and additional details.
Tel: +44 (0)1384 390739
Fax: +44 (0)1384 444415
Due dates: Entry, entry form, and a photograph of the entry are due June 30, 2016
Entries must have been completed between May 1, 2013 and June 3, 2016, and not entered in any previous competition. Open to all lacemakers.
Entry Fees: £15 for first entry, £8 for each additional entry.
Class 18, entry fee is included in cost of materials.
Lacemakers under 18 years FREE
Entries will be shown at exhibition in 2016 – details coming later.
The Lace Guild John Bull competition is held every three years. The “Let’s Celebrate” theme refers to the 2016 40th Anniversary of the Lace Guild.
Entries must fall within one of 24 classes, which are divided among two sections:
Section A – Traditional Laces in Traditional Styles. These need not be connected with the Contrasts theme
2. Named British or Continental Point Ground Laces
3. Bedforshire and related laces (e.g., Maltese and Cluny)
5. Any other named bobbin lace
6. Needlelaces (including Tenerife, Romanian and Branscome)
7. Decorated Net (including Carrickmacross, Limerick, Needle run and tambour)
8. Knotted Laces (including tatting, filet, armenian)
9. Looped Laces (including knitting & crochet)
10. A traditonal style piece of lace made by a group.
11. Traditional style laces using mexted technique from ore than one traditional style of lace.
Section B – Let’s Celebrate Theme entries
12. A garment made from or incorporating lace
15. A Piece for Display on a Wall
16. 3 Dimensional Item
17. A Miniature Lace Item
18. Imposed Class – using materials obtained from the Lace Guild
19. Young Lacemaker, Individual (11 years old or under on August 31, 2016)
20. Young Lacemaker, Individual (between 12 and 17 years)
20. Young Lacemaker Group (2 or more 11 years and under)
22. Young Lacemaker Group (2 or more between 12 and 17 years)
23. Adult group (fewer than 10 members)
24. Adult Group (10 or more members)