56. Plauener Spitzenfest 2015
Organizers: The City of Plauen, Verin Plauener Spitzenfest c.V.
Plauener Spitze-museum e.V. Plauen
Dates: June 12-14, 2015
Website: http://tinyurl.com/q7x73wj – an amazing source of information.
Information: Steffi Müller-Klug, 01 60 / 92 58 82 06, firstname.lastname@example.org
Plauen is home to a longstanding machine lace industry, and it has an excellent lace museum. There are many events in this venerable festival, such as:
– The 2nd Textilmarkt in the courtyards of the Vogtlandmuseums. They are playing host to Finnish artist Tarmo Thorström from Rauma.
– Children’s Flea Market
– Swap meet at the Plauen Lace Museum
– Selection of the Plauen Lace Princess
– Many sports and music events; this is a celebration for the entire city.
– A special badge based on the work of e.o.plauen (see the comment below by Zyiacus).