Sponsor: 17th World Lace Congress in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Contest Website: http://tinyurl.com/ohzlrc7
Contest Entry form: contact Irena Benedičič
Dašnica 16, 4228 Železniki, Slovenia
Entry Form Deadline: Entry forms should reach the committee by January 31, 2016 (send to Irena Benedičič at the above address).
Lace Submission Deadline: The lace entry should reach the committee between March 1 and April 30, 2015 (send to Irena Benedičič at the above address). A color photograph of the lace, listing the title, artist’s name and address, and display details (like what way is ‘up’) must be included for identification purposes. All mailing costs and insurance costs are to be paid by the participant.
Entries can be collected between 17:00 and 18:00 on Sunday, June 26, 2016 upon production of identification and a photograph similar to the one sent on submission.
This contest is associated with the biennial OIDFA conference, which will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia in 2016. The theme of the conference is ‘Youth’, which celebrates the extensive training of young lacemakers in Slovenia.
- The competition is open to all lacemakers, except members of the Executive Committee and the organizing committee of the 2016 congress.
- The lace must be designed and worked by the participants.
- The lace will remain the property of the maker.
- The lace must be original and may not have previously been published or submitted in competition.
- The design must be worked in bobbin or needle lace or a combination of both.
- More than one piece of lace may be submitted.
- The total dimension of the lace may not exceed 40 cm x 40 cm x 40 cm
- The lace may be framed but must be without glass.
- Participation in the competition gives OIDFA the right to publish the design.
- The lace will be judged by an impartial jury who will give consideration to the originality, design and workmanship.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- Individual- 1st prize: €500, 2nd prize: €300, 3rd prize: €200
- Young lacemakers- €100 + certificates
- Groups:- 1st prize €500 + certificates.