Passion for Fashion
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Time: 10:00 Lots 1-214
13:30 Lots 215 to end of sale
Place: Kerry Taylor Auctions, Ltd.
249-253 Long Lane, Bermondsey, London, SE1 4PR
Viewings: Sunday, February 21, 2016 – 12:00 to 16:00
Monday, February 22, 2016 – 9:00 to 17:00
Web Catalog: http://tinyurl.com/guocv7t
The Saleroom website: http://tinyurl.com/jbf9jqz
Phone: +44 208 676 4600
Fax: +44 203 137 0112
There’s a set of lace-relate books, lot 167, however the lace itself starts with lot 318. Note especially:
#318 Crinoline flounce of Brussels bobbinlace applique on machine net, 52 cm x 480 cm
#320 Blonde narrow scarf (28 cm x 161 cm) reputed to be from the collection of the Empress Eugenie. The provenance omes from a previous Paris auction. It does have a large “N” monogram with a crown and bees, and the quality is quite high and the design is appropriate to the 3rd quarter 19th c.
#327 Mid 18th c Mechlin lappets, joined at the center.
#328 A group of 18th and early 19th c laces including some Mechlin, Binche and others.
A few other lots including some early laces.
Bidding: Bidders must register with Kerry Taylor, and bring or send proof of identity by email or fax (such as a driver’s license or passport). They may request a credit card.
If you want to use The Saleroom live internet bidding you must register with them – this is a separate process and your registration will be forwarded to Kerry Taylor to approve.
– There is a 25% buyer’s premium is applied to the hammer price up to 50,000 GBP, 20% above that, and that premium is subject to the prevailing VAT rate.
– A bid slip for commission bidding is available at http://tinyurl.com/knztuao and can be faxed to the number above.
– Telephone bidding must be requested well in advance of the auction, there are a limited number of lines available.
– Online bidding can be done through The Saleroom. You must register here for the auction at the site.
– Payment is due in pounds sterling at the end of the auction. They accept debit and credit cards (charges apply, contact Kerry Taylor Auctions for more information). Cash up to 8,000 GBP only, sterling cheque and bank transfers.