Collection and Archives of Achille Vande Voorde
Date: Saturday, March 5, 2015
Time: 10:00 Lots 430-692
14:00 Lots 693-1156
Place: Van de Wiele Auctions
Groeninge 34, BE-8000 Brugge, Belgium
Viewings: Saturday 2/27/2016 11:00-18:00
Monday 2/29/2016 11:00-18:00
Tuesday 3/1/2016 11:00-18:00
Wednesday 3/2/2016 11:00-20:00
Thursday 3/3/2016 11:00-18:00
Friday 3/4/2016 9:30-12:00
Mini catalog concerning lace related items: maart 2016 kant
Invaluable site: http://tinyurl.com/zz6hurp
Phone: +32 (0) 50 49 07 69
Fax: +32 (0) 50 34 64 57
The Van de Weile auctions are held twice a year, in March and October. The largely concern antique books. This time they are offering the art collection, archives and sculpted Flemish Pottery works of Achille Vande Voorde. He was the most famous maker of the Flemish Pottery Lacmakers – see the LaceNews post at http://tinyurl.com/4baktku for details. Additional items are being sold on Friday, but the lace-related ones are on Saturday.
There are a few lots of lace starting with #661, and lace-related books are scattered throughout the auction. But the real interest is a number of rarely seen Vande Voorde lacemaker figures starting with lot 703. The ‘sleeping lacemaker’ figure, lot 708, is something I’ve never seen before. Another listing, item 770, appears to be a stand used to make lace caps.
– There is a 24% buyer’s premium on the last bid, including VAT and related fees.
– Telephone bidding is possible on lots with a minimum estimate of 250 euros, contact Nathalie Van de Wiele before Thursday, March 3rd.
– A written bid form may be mailed or faxed or emailed (see the second to last page of the catalog).
– Online bidding can be done through Invaluable, and will be charged an extra 3% – see catalog for more details.. You must register for the auction at the Invaluable site.
– Payment is due immediately after the sale in cash. Payments can be made via Bancontact. Payment by Paypal must include an additional 5% of the total amount of the invoice.