Salon Dentelle et Arts du Fil, Courseulles-Sur-Mer (Caen, Calvados, Lower Normandy)
Theme: Sur la Plage (On the Beach)
Organizers: l’Association Dentelles et Blondes de Caen et Courseulles (DBCC)
Date: May 21-24, 2016 (last two days are classes)
Place: various locations, see below.
Hours: Open to the public from 10:00 to 18:00
Information and Reservations: Michel Bouvot, Le petit Lieu, 14430 St Jouin, France,
02 31 79 23 07, email@example.com
Fees: 7.00 EUR entry fee
This event is put on every two years by Claudette and Michel Bouvot, and celebrates Normandy lace. The weekend is followed by two days of lace courses.
Vendors: I count about 64 vendors and groups who will show at this event, in the Salle de l’EDIT (5 EUR entry fee), and Salle Quiquemelle (free entry).
Salle Quiquemelle (free entry)
– Lace exhibition from the collection of Françoise Varenne
– Exhibition of contemporary lace created by Pierre Varenne
– Exhibition of lace an embroidery for infants.
Salle des cours de Dentelle (free entry)
– Exhibition of works realized by members of DBCC
Lecures at the Musée Municipal (free entry)
– Saturday at 15:00, Eventails en Dentelle de Courseulles, M. Bouvet
– Sunday 15:00, Mouchoirs et dentelle, Sylvie Miraille
Unfortunately the planned private exhibition of Courseulles lace from the le Délézir collection will not be available.
On Monday and Tuesday there will be specialized lace courses primarily taught by DBCC instructors:
Polychrome de Courseulles, all levels
Blonde de Caen, all levels
Chatilly de Bayeux, all levels
Venise and Points d’Esprit (Josianne Dardier)
Tatting (Edwige Renaudin)