Passion for Fashion
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Time: 11:00 lots 1-196
15:00 Lots 197-end of sale
Place: Kerry Taylor Auctions, Ltd.
249-253 Long Lane, Bermondsey, London, SE1 4PR
Viewings: Sunday, June 12, 2016 12:00 to 16:00
Monday, June 13, 2016 9:00 to 17:00
Tuesday June 14, 2016 viewing by appointment only
Web Catalog: http://tinyurl.com/jsmd935
Phone: +44 208 676 4600
Fax: +44 203 137 0112
There are a number of early fashions, but the two items of most interest to lace collectors are:
lot 26 Baby garments believed to have been worn at the christening of Charles II (born May 29, 1630). Previously on display at the Museum of London.
I’m no expert in baby clothes, and these might be of the correct date. But the Hollie point cap is about 100 years later than the King’s birth date. I have a documented Hollie point piece in my collection dated 1724.
lot 27 Reticella sampler. This is a remarkable piece, appropriate for the estimated date of 1650.
Both lots are descended in the family of Margaret de Halsey, who was a Lady in Waiting at the court of Charles I.
lot 46 Irish crochet ‘bridal gown’.
Bidding: Bidders must register with Kerry Taylor, and bring or send proof of identity by email or fax (such as a driver’s license or passport). They may request a credit card.
If you want to use The Saleroom live internet bidding you must register with them – this is a separate process and your registration will be forwarded to Kerry Taylor to approve.
– There is a 25% buyer’s premium is applied to the hammer price up to 50,000 GBP, 20% above that, and the premium is subject to the prevailing VAT rate.
– A bid slip for commission bidding is available at http://tinyurl.com/knztuao and can be faxed to the number above.
– Telephone bidding must be requested well in advance of the auction, there are a limited number of lines available.
– Online bidding can be done through The Saleroom. You must register here for the auction at the site.
– Payment is due in pounds sterling at the end of the auction. They accept debit and credit cards (charges apply, contact Kerry Taylor Auctions for more information). Cash up to 8,000 GBP only, sterling cheque and bank transfers.
Hi Louise I think I remember you saying you like your vintage clothing. Theres a link below to a web catalogue of and auction coming up in London next week. Interesting pictures and prices. Will be interesting to see the hammer prices after. Jody
Sent from my iPhone