Passion for Fashion
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Time: 10:00 lots 1-250
14:00 Lots 51-end of sale
Place: Kerry Taylor Auctions, Ltd.
249-253 Long Lane, Bermondsey, London, SE1 4PR
Viewings: Sunday, October 9, 2016 12:00 to 16:00
Monday, October 10, 2016 9:00 to 17:00
Viewing not possible on the morning of the sale.
Web Catalog: http://tinyurl.com/jsmd935
Phone: +44 208 676 4600
Fax: +44 203 137 0112
The laces in this auction run from lot 431-476, along with some whitework embroidery.
Proceeds from Lots 454-477 are going toward restorationof West Horsely Place in Surrey. Here are some of interest:
lot 432 A reticella pattern, attributed to England early 17th c.
Lot 438 Two rectangular applique veils.
Lot 441 Probably a large skirt panel of Brussels Duchesse, with other laces.
Lot 444 Large veil of Carrickmacross applique.
Lot 447 Deep flounce of what looks to me like a late 17 early 18th c Flemish pieced lace.
Lot 449 Large square applique bobbin and needlelace shawl or veil.
Lot 451 Flounce of bobbin/needlelace applique, unusual design.
Lot 460 Veil of needlelace applique on droschel, provenance included.
Lot 461 Elaborate Point de Gaze flounce.
Lot 472 Brussels lappets, ~1730
Bidding: Bidders must register with Kerry Taylor, and bring or send proof of identity by email or fax (such as a driver’s license or passport). They may request a credit card.
If you want to use The Saleroom live internet bidding you must register with them – this is a separate process and your registration will be forwarded to Kerry Taylor to approve.
– There is a 25% buyer’s premium is applied to the hammer price up to 50,000 GBP, 20% above that, and the premium is subject to the prevailing VAT rate.
– A bid slip for commission bidding is available at http://tinyurl.com/knztuao and can be faxed to the number above.
– Telephone bidding must be requested well in advance of the auction, there are a limited number of lines available.
– Online bidding can be done through The Saleroom. You must register here for the auction at the site.
– Payment is due in pounds sterling at the end of the auction. They accept debit and credit cards (charges apply, contact Kerry Taylor Auctions for more information). Cash up to 8,000 GBP only, sterling cheque and bank transfers.