Antique and Vintage Fashion and Textiles
Date: Monday, February 27, 2017
Time: l10:00 Session 1 – lots 1 to 250
2:00 Session 2 – Lots 250 to end of sale
Place: Kerry Taylor Auctions, Ltd.
249-253 Long Lane, Bermondsey, London, SE1 4PR
Viewings: Friday, February 24th, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday February 26th, 12:00 to 4:00 PM
Web Catalog: http://kerrytaylorauctions.com/Catalog/?id=439
Phone: +44 208 676 4600
Fax: +44 203 137 0112
The laces in this auction run from lots 372 to ~443. Lots 380 to 467 are from the lace collection of the late Enid Purvis, a noted lace collector. Other lots were previously in the Countess of Effingham’s collection, and from Duart Castle, Isle of Mull.
Here are some of interest:
lot 380 Valenciennes lappets ~1730
lot 381 Portrait panel with droschel ground
lot 382 Brussels bobbinlace lappets early 18th c.
lot 385 Bizarre Brussels lappet ~1720
lot 386 two pairs of Alençon lappets, c 1770
lot 387 Reticella and lacis cover
Lot 392 Punto Tirato Tela Sfilata panel with Genoese bobbinlace border
Lots 404 and 405 Punto in Aria needlelace
Lot 407 Punto in Aria ‘vandyke’ style
Lot 413 Reticella/Punto in Aria edged collar with similar pieces
Lot 414 A border of Brussels flat grounded needlelace ~1730, and others.
Lot 417 Alençon or Sedan cap back and matching border.
Lot 418 Point de France reworked collar.
Lot 426 Joined mid 18th c Mechlin lappets
Lot 428 Interesting Russian or Eastern European borders
Lot 429 Fine Honiton collar.
Bidding: Bidders must register with Kerry Taylor, and bring or send proof of identity by email or fax (such as a driver’s license or passport). They may request a credit card.
If you want to use The Saleroom live internet bidding you must register with them – this is a separate process and your registration will be forwarded to Kerry Taylor to approve.
– There is a 25% buyer’s premium is applied to the hammer price up to 50,000 GBP, 20% above that, and the premium is subject to the prevailing VAT rate.
– A bid slip for commission bidding is available at http://tinyurl.com/knztuao and can be faxed to the number above.
– Telephone bidding must be requested well in advance of the auction, there are a limited number of lines available.
– Online bidding can be done through The Saleroom. You must register here for the auction at the site.
– Payment is due in pounds sterling at the end of the auction. They accept debit and credit cards (charges apply, contact Kerry Taylor Auctions for more information). Cash up to 8,000 GBP only, sterling cheque and bank transfers.