Antique and Vintage Fashion and Textiles
Date: Monday, September 25, 2017
Time: 9:30 Session 1 – lots 1 to 300
2:00 Session 2 – Lots 301 to end of sale
Place: Kerry Taylor Auctions, Ltd.
249-253 Long Lane, Bermondsey, London, SE1 4PR
Viewings: Friday, September 22nd, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday, September 24th, 12:00 to 4:00 PM
Web Catalog: http://kerrytaylorauctions.com/Catalog/?id=439
Phone: +44 208 676 4600
Fax: +44 203 137 0112
The laces in this auction run from lots 483 to 542. There are quite a few lots of excellent laces, and it is quite the sale for early lappets. Here are some items of interest:
lot 487 Carrickmacross applique square veil
lot 491 Early Brussels lappets with brides, 1720-1730
lot 492 4 sets of lappets, early Valenciennes, 2 Brussels with brides, Mechlin – quite interesting.
lot 509, Brussels bobbin and needlelace stole
lot 510 Wide Brussels flounce applique on machine net.
lot 517 Excellent dresden lappet
lot 518 A pair of Argentella lappets
lot 519 Valenciennes lappets,1730-40, a little stained.
lot 520 Flemish bobbin lappets with provenance, worn by Anna Maria Paston of Norfolk to the court of George II in 1735.
lot 525, Brussels lappet 1740-60, with droschel ground.
Lot 528 A collection of various 178th c Italian needlelaces
Bidding: Bidders must register with Kerry Taylor, and bring or send proof of identity by email or fax (such as a driver’s license or passport). They may request a credit card.
If you want to use The Saleroom live internet bidding you must register with them – this is a separate process and your registration will be forwarded to Kerry Taylor to approve.
– There is a 25% buyer’s premium is applied to the hammer price up to 50,000 GBP, 20% above that, and the premium is subject to the prevailing VAT rate.
– A bid slip for commission bidding is available at http://tinyurl.com/knztuao and can be faxed to the number above.
– Telephone bidding must be requested well in advance of the auction, there are a limited number of lines available.
– Online bidding can be done through The Saleroom. You must register here for the auction at the site.
– Payment is due in pounds sterling at the end of the auction. They accept debit and credit cards (charges apply, contact Kerry Taylor Auctions for more information). Cash up to 8,000 GBP only, sterling cheque and bank transfers.