Sponsor: International Old Lacers, Inc., in conjunction with the 2015 Convention hosted by the The Doris Southard Lace Guild
Contest Rules: 2015_contest_rules
Contest Entry form: IOLI_Lace_Contest_2015_Entry_Form
MLS contest website: http://tinyurl.com/lhgmovj
Information: Lace Contest Chair – Belinda Belisle, 562-596-7882,
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to Belinda at 5241 Hartford Way, Westminster, CA
Due date: The completed entry must be postmarked on or before July 1, 2015.
Mail entry to: IOLI Contest, c/o Sandy DeSchinckel
1004 19th Avenue, Coralville, IA 55241
The Doris Southard Lace Guild is hosting the 2015 IOLI convention, and has chosen the theme of “Lace on the Prairie”.
- All entrants must be members of I.O.L.I for the current year of the contest
- All entries must incorporate a minimum of one colored thread into the design of the lace (any color except white or ecru).
- Entries can be 2D or 3-D. The maximum size including framing is 15″ square for 2D, and 15″x15″x15″ for 3D. The mounting cannot include any glass or plastic or Plexiglas over the lace.
- Only one entry per member in their eligible category.
- The lace must be made by the individual named on the entry form.
- The lace must be made within the time period from the publication of the theme and rules posted in the IOLI bulletin.
The contest has 3 categories:
The Doris Southard Award – Open to Teachers and Professional lacemakers only.
A $100 prize will be awarded subject to the decision of the judges.
All Lace Contest Rules must be followed with the pattern designed and executed by the entrant. A copy suitable for publication in the I.O.L.I. Bulletin of the original pattern and working directions must be submitted with the entry. Electronic submissions are preferred. Entry must never have previously been published.
Original Design – Not open to teachers or professional lacemakers.
Prizes – 1st $100; 2nd $75; 3rd $50
The pattern must be designed and executed by the entrant. A copy suitable for publication in the I.O.L.I. Bulletin of the original pattern and working directions must be submitted with the entry. Electronic submissions are preferred.
Technical Proficiency – Not open to teachers or professional lacemakers.
Prizes – 1st $75; 2nd $50; 3rd $25
The lace must be designed by a third party (a book, newsletter, or previously published work of another lacemaker) and executed by the entrant. Information acknowledging the designer, source of the pattern, and a clear photocopy of the lace inspiration used for the entry must be provided. Do not submit patterns or directions with lace made in this category.
The winner of the popular vote will receive 1 year’s complimentary membership in IOLI.
First rights to publication of all entries including photos, patterns, and directions are reserved by IOLI for a span of one year. Designer will retain copyright.