http://tinyurl.com/opr7tsl SUPERB BRUSSELS LACE TRIANGULAR LACE SHAWL
http://tinyurl.com/q3ytzrp Antique Blond Color Handmade Lace Shawl Mantilla 74″ by 104″ Beautiful.
Size: first: 112-114″ x 58-60″.
second: 104″, 74″ down each side. Which implies ~52″ down the center.
Starting Price: first – $3,500.00 Buy-it-Now
second – $199.00
Auction ends: August 16, 2015 9:01 AM PDT
July 24, 2015 4:57 PM PDT
Offered by: Ebay seller mithya, New York, United States
Ebay seller fich2, Manville, Rhode Island, United States
Comments: Triangular shawls of 2nd Empire Brussels bobbinlace applique on machine net are fairly rare, and there are two on Ebay right now. Both have typical romantic floral designs, with esprits in the ground indicating a higher quality. Needlemade decorative ‘mode’ fillings in both.
Provenance: first – non cited. second – on consignment.
Modifications: None in the first, on the second one there’s a wire running through the top, perhaps for a headpiece.
Damage: Nothing obvious from the photos in the first, I think there are some pinholes or tiny holes in the tulle in the second. Hard to tell without the closeups.
Soilage: first – cream color. second – off white color.
Finish: Some light fold creases in the second one.
- 669,204 hits
- Administrative (47)
- Collecting Lace (559)
- Events (1,929)
- Andorra (1)
- Argentina (4)
- Australia and New Zealand (7)
- Austria (1)
- Belgium (22)
- Brazil (2)
- Canada (12)
- Croatia (6)
- Czech Republic (2)
- Denmark (2)
- Estonia (8)
- Finland (3)
- France (103)
- Germany (39)
- Hungary (2)
- Italy (18)
- Malta and Gozo (3)
- Poland (1)
- Portugal (4)
- Russia (3)
- Slovenia (13)
- Spain (1,086)
- Sweden (4)
- Switzerland (3)
- the Netherlands (3)
- UK and Ireland (493)
- USA (89)
- Virtual Events (1)
- Lace & The Arts (76)
- Making & Identifying Lace (60)
- Research on Lace (10)
Days posts were made in
- @Witney_Antiques This is a very typical Italian Gros Point needlelace made around 1680. 2 weeks ago
- Doily Free Zone: Lace in the 21st Century – June 12-13,@2021 lacenews.net/2021/05/17/doi… 4 months ago
- Auction: Lace – House Linen –@Embroidery lacenews.net/2021/05/15/auc… 4 months ago
- Breaking News! OIDFA Estonia Congress Cancelled lacenews.net/2021/04/28/bre… 5 months ago
- Auction: Haute Couture Luxe Vintage – Dentelles et linge de maison – November 27,@2020 lacenews.net/2020/11/23/auc… 10 months ago
- Breaking News! 2021 IOLI Convention Rescheduled to 2023 lacenews.net/2020/10/31/bre… 10 months ago
- Auction: DENTELLE – LINGE DE MAISON – BRODERIE BLANCHE – Tuesday, October 13,@2020 lacenews.net/2020/10/11/auc… 11 months ago
- 2020 I.O.L.I. Iso-LACE-tion Lace Contest Un-Conventional Rules lacenews.net/2020/05/28/202… 1 year ago
- The IOLI convention will be rescheduled for 2022. Word on the street is that the proposed date will be July 17-23, 2022. 1 year ago
- Breaking News! 2020 IOLI convention in Mesa, Arizona has been cancelled. lacenews.net/2020/05/03/bre… 1 year ago
- @Marketplace Does the 90 day delay in tax payment apply to state taxes also? Are the direct checks to be received… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Auction: Linge, Dentelles, Tissus – Friday, March 13,@2020 lacenews.net/2020/03/08/auc… 1 year ago
- Auction: Dentelles, luxe, vintage, haute couture – Wednesday, October 9,@2019 lacenews.net/2019/10/01/auc… 1 year ago
- Claude just sent a better pointer to the English version of Saturday's lace auction catalog - just updated the post. 2 years ago
- Auction: Dentelles de collection du XVIe au XXe siècle, linge de maison – Saturday, June 22,@2019 lacenews.net/2019/06/19/auc… 2 years ago
- Interesting update on the Breaking News veil post - see tinyurl.com/ycjvnray 2 years ago
- The veil was won by the Alençon museum. 2 years ago
- Breaking News! Alençon veil sells for 65,000 euros at the Drouot Sale lacenews.net/2018/10/24/bre… 2 years ago
- Claude Vuille just sent this message regarding the auction tomorrow: Dear collectors and lace lovers, The viewing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- Back, finally! And the auction of course is on Wednesday, October 24th. 2 years ago