Fall Couture & Textiles
Date: Friday and Saturday, October 16-17, 2015
Time: Both days start at 10:00 AM
Place: New Hope Eagle Fire Co.
Route 202 & Sugan Road, New Hope, Pennsylvania, United States 18938
Viewings: Thursday, October 15, 2015 12:00 to 18:00
Saturday October 16, 2015 – 8:00 to 10:00
Phone: 215 817 4600
Email: email@example.com, or http://tinyurl.com/pw6yffb
Write to them at least 4 days before the auction for additional information.
Smail: Charles A. Whitaker Auction Co., 1002 West Cliveden Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19119
I’ve been remiss in never posting the Whitaker auctions, because they often include lace. This auction house often represents museum deaccessions. The full illustrated catalog can be purchased for $30, and you can download a text-only catalog, which has quite a few lace items listed, most of which have low lot numbers and I assume will be sold on Friday. The Saturday sale includes two photographed lace pieces on the website:
Lot 538 – A Point de Gaze panel, 38″ x 47″. Might be a skirt flounce.
Lot 539 – Punto Tirato Tela Sfilata border with bobbinlace edgings, 17th c.
Uncatalogued items will be also sold in a ‘discover sale’ at the conclusion of the day on Friday.
Bidding: Bidders pre-register with the auctioneer in order to bid online, by telephone, or arrange to be an absentee bidder. All bidders must hav a valid credit card on file with CAWACo. with sufficient funds available to process all successful bids, buyer’s premiums, and shipping fees. Register at http://tinyurl.com/qd74lfj.
– A buyer’s premium of 20% will be added to the hammer price of all lots sold on site.
– A buyer’s premium of an additional 3% (total 23%) will be added to lots sold through Bidsquare to also cover their fee.
– A bid slip for commission bidding is available at Absentee_bid_form and be faxed or emailed or mailed by midnight, October 14, 2015.
– Telephone bidding must be requested at least 48 hours before the start of the auction.
– Online bidding can be done through Bidsquare at http://tinyurl.com/o7jqxhc. Only Saturday will be on the online bid site – they say that online bidding slows things down. You must register both with Bidsquare, and for the specific the online auction, where you give them a credit card number. (note, a lot of the CAWACo. literature says online auctions are held through Liveauctioneers, but I think it’s really Bidsquare. I was able to register for the Fall auction at Bidsquare just fine.)
– Payment must occur in full on the date of the auction in cash, cashier’s check, certified check or money order payable in US funds through a bank in the US, Visa/Masterard, American Express, or by pre-authorized personal or business check.