Antique and Vintage Fasion and Textiles
Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2015
Time: Session 1 – 1:250, 10:00 AM
Session 2 – Lots 251 to end, 2:00 PM
Laces start at lot 397
Place: Kerry Taylor Auctions, Ltd.
249-253 Long Lane, Bermondsey, London, SE1 4PR
Viewings: Sunday, October 11, 2015 – 12:00 to 16:00
Monday, October 12, 2015 – 9:00 to 17:30
Web Catalog: http://tinyurl.com/pg9vzzk
Live Auctioneer site http://tinyurl.com/qedphqg
Phone: +44 20 8676 4600
Fax: +44 20 3137 0112
Lot 399 – A triangular shawl of Point d’Angleterre (combined needle- and bobbin-lace with a Point de Gaze ground.
Lot 411 – A triangular shawl of Honiton guipure with a matching short flounce.
Lot 413 – A Crinoline flounce of Brussels bobbinlace applique on machine net.
Lot 414 – A Duchesse de Bruges triangular shawl.
Lot 416 – Lot includes a ‘necklace’ of Point de Gaze
Lot 422 – Joined Valenciennes lappets, ~1720-30, Fond de Neige ground.
Lot 424 – Lot includes an early border of Punto Tirato Tela SFilata
Bidding: Bidders must register with Kerry Taylor, and bring or send proof of identity by email or fax (such as a driver’s license or passport). They may request a credit card.
If you want to use Live Auctioneers, you must register with them – this is a separate process.
– At Kerry Taylor there is a 25% buyer’s premium is applied to the hammer price up to 25,000 GBP, 20% above that, and that premium is subject to the prevailing VAT rate.
– A bid slip for commission bidding is available at http://tinyurl.com/knztuao and can be faxed to the number above.
– Telephone bidding must be requested well in advance of the auction, there are a limited number of lines available.
– Online bidding can be done through Live Auctioneers. You must register here for the auction. Buyer’s premiums are 28% up to 50,000 GBP, 23% above that.
– Payment is due in pounds sterling at the end of the auction. They accept debit and credit cards (charges apply, contact Kerry Taylor Auctions for more information). Cash up to 8,000 GBP only, sterling cheque and bank transfers.
Through Live Auctioneers, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Personal Check and Wire transfers are accepted. I don’t know if there are premiums for those methods.
This auction appears to be right up your alley. What a shame it is being held in London and not New Mexico. I think you should hop a plane and go. Love, Mom
Hi Mom! I think I’ve done enough traveling for a while. Love, Laurie